PropelNext Program Updates
Periodic updates about PropelNext, including program evaluations and progress reports.
- PropelNext Update (October 2018): After a summer of planning and discussions with EMCF trustees, this fall we initiated a search to find the future home of PropelNext and the right organization to take this work forward.
- PropelNext Launches Third Cohort (September 2018): We are excited to announce that 12 nonprofits have been selected to participate in the program and join our Northern California 2021 grantee cohort.
- How Foundations Can Help Small Groups Do More Good: Lissette Rodriguez and Danielle Scaturro describe in The Chronicle of Philanthropy how an evaluation on PropelNext's first graduating class confirms the value of helping nonprofits collect and use data.
- PropelNext Program Evaluations: Our Alumni 2015 cohort and California 2018 cohort grantee evaluations by Harder + Company Community Research are now available.
- PropelNext Lessons from the Field (December 2016): A compilation of our initial research along with the observations of staff and consultants working with our first cohort of grantees.
- "What Does the Data Say?" (November 2015): EMCF President Nancy Roob announces an exciting partnership with Leap of Reason to share videos that capture real-world lessons, as recounted by PropelNext grantee CEOs, about how to lead organizations to greater impact and higher performance.
- PropelNext Selects 15 California Grantees (July 2015): The PropelNext California Partnership announces the 15 nonprofits selected to receive PropelNext grants and join its first California grantee cohort.
- Celebrating the Achievements of PropelNext's First Grantees (July 2015): EMCF President Nancy Roob and PropelNext Managing Director Lissette Rodriguez highlight the progress the first grantee cohort accomplished through the program.
- Forging a Partnership for California Youth (Dec 2014): Five foundations have joined together to pilot the PropelNext California Partnership to help youth serving organizations in the state boost their impact on young peoples' lives.
- Launching PropelNext.org (Summer 2014): Nancy Roob and Lissette Rodriguez welcome visitors to the new online home for PropelNext.
- EMCF 2013 Annual Report: Lissette Rodriguez reports on PropelNext's second year.
- Nonprofit Quarterly, Summer 2013: An interview with Lissette Rodriguez on why EMCF launched PropelNext and emerging lessons from the 1st year.