Websites, articles, and other resources on nonprofit performance management.
Performance Measurement, Evaluation, and Data
- The Surprising Alchemy of Passion and Science: Lissette Rodriguez, Managing Director of PropelNext, shares how nonprofits can connect their passion for transforming kids' lives by using data to drive learning and improvement.
- The Performance Imperative: A Framework for Social-Sector Excellence: Most organizations strive to be a "high performing," but what does that means for mission-based non-profits and how can they get there? The Leap of Reason Ambassador Community has developed a framework to help non-profit leaders in answering both questions.
- Building Capacity to Measure & Manage Performance: An overview by The Bridgespan Group of how to build capacity to use measurement for learning and improvement.
- The Value of Rigorous Evaluation: EMCF President Nancy Roob describes how evaluation can drive learning and improvement.
- Building a Strategic Learning and Evaluation System for Your Organization: The Foundation Strategy Group reports on the current state of evaluation in the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors and shares how nonprofits and others can take a more strategic approach to evaluation.
- What if the Government Played Moneyball?: A video by Results for America highlights how some of our nation's leading nonprofits are harnessing evidence and data to improve outcomes for children and their families at every stage of development.
More Resources for Nonprofit Measurement and Management
- Leap of Reason: E-books and learning guides by Mario Morino, David Hunter and others to help practitioners and funders to rethink what it takes to produce great results for children, youth and families.
- Nonprofit Quarterly: Timely and relevant articles for nonprofit practitioners about management, governance, public policy and philanthropy.
- PerformWell: Measurement tools and practical knowledge to help organizations identify outcomes, improve delivery of services, and manage performance.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review: Articles, webinars and other resources highlighting cross sector solutions to social problems, developed by and for social change leaders.